I’m so excited to be sharing our final recipe of the year….rocky road!
BUT, before we get cooking….
I just want to say the BIGGEST thank you to YOU!
Thank YOU so very much for cooking along with us this year!
You’ve made 2016 the best year yet!
This last year our lovely community of over 30,000 families – from all over the world – have cooked 1000’s of delicious meals for our loved ones!
Here’s a little sneak peek at the scrumptiousness YOU’VE created!
We also said ‘YES’ to our kids food education and got them into the kitchen too!
Look at all of those happy faces cooking!
Our lives have been delicious and messy but SO worth it!
Thank you for cooking along with us, lovely! Here’s to another wonderful year together as a community.
Now let’s get back to that rocky road recipe I have for you!
I’m so excited to be sharing this special recipe with you.
Yes, it’s a little naughty – but hey! It’s Christmas!
Grace and Harry had the best time cooking this together and I hope it brings just as much joy into your home!
To make your own rocky road with your little ones simply…
Begin by setting your child up at the kitchen bench.
Measure 300 grams dark chocolate and ask your child to break into pieces and place into the saucepan.
Together measure 100 grams of butter and add to the saucepan.
Measure 1/3 cup of golden syrup and add to the saucepan.
Place the saucepan over low-medium heat for 4-5 minutes [stirring occasionally] or until the chocolate and butter are melted.
Set your child up in front of a wooden board and with a small serrated knife guide them through slicing 110 grams turkish delight into small pieces.
Next, guide your child through cutting 100 grams marshmallows in half. Set aside.
Be sure to taste test as you go…quality assurance is important!
Again, guide your little one through cutting 100 grams biscotti into small pieces.
Next, grab a big bowl and begin to add your ingredients. Ask your child to add the turkish delight, marshmallows, dried cranberries and pistachios.
Arm your little one with a wooden spoon and ask them to mix all of the ingredients together. I’m so happy I captured our little Hurricane Harry in full force – he takes our messy memories to a whole new level. Check out those pistachios mid flight…and Grace’s face. LOL.
But don’t worry – Grace had her turn too.
Next ask your little one to spoon 2/3 of the chocolate mixture over the marshmallow mixture.
Arm your little one with a wooden spoon and ask them to stir until the mixture is combined.
With the help of your child pour the mixture into a square [20cm x 20cm] tin lined with baking paper.
Ask your child to spoon the remaining chocolate over the top of the mixture to fill in any nooks and cranny’s.
Pop into the fridge for 3-4 hours or until set.
Cut into 16 squares and enjoy! X
- 300 grams dark chocolate
- 100 grams butter
- ⅓ cup (80ml) golden syrup
- 110 grams turkish delight, cut into small pieces
- 100 grams marshmallows, cut in half
- 100 grams pistachios
- 60 grams dried cranberries
- 100 grams biscotti, chopped
- Line a square [20cm x 20cm] tin with baking paper. Set aside. Place the chocolate, butter and golden syrup into a saucepan and place over low-medium heat for 4-5 minutes [stirring occasionally] or until melted. Set aside. Place the turkish delight, marshmallows, pistachios, cranberries and biscotti into a large bowl and stir to combine. Pour ⅔ of the melted chocolate into the bowl containing the marshmallow mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Pour the remaining chocolate over the top of the rocky road to fill any nooks and cranny's. Pop into the fridge for 4-5 hours or until set. Cut into 16 bars. Enjoy X
you may also like…