I’m so excited to share this easy peasy blueberry lemon coconut bar recipe with you – but first let me explain where on earth we’ve been…
The truth is, winter well and truly kicked our lovely little butts.
Being our first cold/flu season at kindy I knew we were likely to catch a few bugs here and there – BUT to be totally honest we spent the entire season sick.
Seeing Grace and Harry so unwell was a total heart break.
And not feeling well myself was utterly exhausting.
I could barely manage feeding my munchkins let alone snap pics and share new recipes.
BUT thankfully the warmer weather has returned and so has our health – just in time to share our latest creation…these beautiful blueberry lemon and coconut bars – with you!
These bars are AMAZING.
The blueberries strewn throughout become molten sweet jammy pockets of deliciousness as they bake in the oven and the lemon adds the most wonderful fragrance to the bars.
Once cooled – we topped our golden bars with a layer of luscious creamy coconut yoghurt and nestled handfuls of fresh blueberries and lightly toasted coconut on top.
So pretty, so delicious and so simple to make – you’re going to love these ‘egg-free’ and ‘refined sugar-free’ bars!
To make your own blueberry lemon coconut bars simply….
Begin by preheating your oven to 160 C (320 F) and line a 20cm x 20cm square tin with baking paper.
Place the almond milk, dates, bananas and vanilla into the large bowl of a food processor. Pop the lid on and blitz until smooth (approx. 1-2 minutes).
Add the wholemeal flour, shredded coconut and baking powder and pulse 3-4 times or until just combined.
Add the blueberries and lemon zest and using a small spatula, stir gently to combine.
Pour the mixture into your prepared tray and smooth.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
Once cool – top with yoghurt (I used coconut and vanilla bean – but any thick creamy yoghurt is beautiful) and spread evenly. Top with blueberries and toasted coconut and pop into the fridge to set for an hour before slicing into 16 squares. Enjoy X
- ⅓ cup (80mls) almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 6 mejool dates, pitted
- 2 medium bananas, peeled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150 grams) wholemeal plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (60 grams) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup (100 grams) blueberries
- zest of 2 lemons
- To decorate:
- ¾ cup (125 grams) coconut vanilla yoghurt
- ¾ cup (75 grams) blueberries
- small handful toasted shaved coconut
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius (320 F) and line a 20cm x 20cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the milk, dates, bananas and vanilla extract into the bowl of a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and coconut and pulse to combine. Gently stir through blueberries and lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and smooth with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and set. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Top with yoghurt and smooth - decorate with blueberries and coconut. Pop into the fridge to set for an hour - cut into 16 squares. Enjoy x
you may also like…