Smoothie bowls are simply heaven on a hot summers day.
We blitz our smoothie bowls together first thing in the morning using whatever fruit we have stashed away in the deep freeze.
And usually top our lusciously smooth icy fruit bowl with a handful of homemade muesli, chia seeds and rounds of banana.
Last week we created the most AMAZING chocolate smoothie bowl EVER.
It honestly tasted like a freezing cold chocolate brownie.
Oh my yumminess.
We’ll be sharing that recipe with you very soon!
But first, let’s chat about today’s creation!
Today’s concoction of banana, rockmelon and mango is SUBLIME.
As per Grace’s request – the smoothie bowls had to be pink, so we added raspberries too.
Both Grace and Harry couldn’t stop smiling whilst we prepared our smoothie bowls together. I think it was pressing the buttons on the processor and watching the fruit blitz into oblivion that had them giggling.
Grace was so mesmerised when we added the raspberries and she could watch the pale yellow mixture slowly succumb to the bright red hue of the raspberries.
Topped with fresh raspberries, blueberries and a scattering of flaked coconut – these smoothie bowls are EVERYTHING.
To make your own smoothie bowls simply….
Begin by washing and drying your hands with your child.
Set them up safely at the kitchen bench OR small table. My kids feel confident stating on stools – but when they were younger I would pop their kids sized table into the middle of the kitchen and get them to work at the table.
Read the recipe together and collect the ingredients needed – naming them as you go.
Together, measure 1 cup of frozen banana and place into your blender jug.
Next, measure 1 1/2 cups of frozen mango and add to the jug.
Measure 1 1/2 cups frozen rockmelon and add to the jug.
Secure the blender lid nice and tight.
Turn on the blender.
With the motor running add 1/3 cup (80 mls) of water to help things get blitzing.
Blitz until smooth.
Ask your child to measure and add 1 cup frozen raspberries to the jug.
Pop the lid back on and blitz again until smooth.
Pour the icy mixture into bowls.
Give your little ones a handful of blueberries, raspberries and shredded coconut and let the decorate each bowl.
- 1 cup (300 grams) banana, frozen
- 1½ cups (250 grams) mango, frozen
- 1½ cups (250 grams) rockmelon, frozen
- 1 cup (130 grams) raspberries, frozen
- fresh raspberries, blueberries and shredded coconut, to decorate
- Place the banana, mango and rockmelon into a blender jug. Turn on blender - with motor running add ⅓ cup (80 mls) water to help the fruit start to blend. Blitz until smooth (stirring occasionally if needed). Add raspberries and blitz again until smooth. Pour into bowls, top with fresh raspberries, blueberries and shredded coconut. Serve immediately.
you may also like…